Louisiana Bride: Mary Kay Review

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Mary Kay Review

Recently I was sent a few products to try from Mary Kay. I've always heard great things around the company and the products, but always assumed they were too expensive for me...so I never tried a single product. Let's just say what I was sent may have just changed my makeup life and opinion. Here is a little about the product I received from the company's website:

Mary Kay® Lash Love™ Mascara,
I ♥ black
Love your lashes with the mascara that defines, defends and delivers 4 times the volume. Lashes appear fuller, lifted and multiplied, while looking naturally flawless, soft and healthy. The flexible, sculpted brush separates and coats even hard-to-reach lashes, and the Mary Kay Panthenol-Pro Complex™ and vitamin E help moisturize and strengthen lashes.

Mary Kay® Compact Mini (unfilled)

Tiny enough to tuck anywhere, this sleek new compact is perfect for the woman on the go. Enjoy thousands of customizable options. The mirror makes touch-ups a breeze and the hidden well underneath holds tools and applicators. Plus, the patented† compact design features the easy-to-use magnetic refill system.

Mary Kay® Mineral Cheek Color
Strawberry Cream
Yummy pink swirled with a hint of glamorous golden shimmer. The mineral-based formula of Mary Kay® Mineral Cheek Color in Strawberry Cream is famous for its oil-absorbing properties, ease of application and excellent coverage. Plus, Mary Kay® Mineral Cheek Color is so versatile that, no matter what your skin tone, you can start with a natural glow and then build fade-resistant color as you like it. Contains vitamins A, C and E to help protect against wrinkle-causing free radicals. Designed to fit perfectly in the Mary Kay® Compact.

I also received the Mineral Eye Color in Iris, Silver Satin, and Sweet Cream and a lipstick in Fushia. 
Here I am with no makeup-getting ready in the morning.
Now I have to show you a pic of this, I was totally impressed with the compact. Not  only was the mineral makeup amazing, it went on so smooth and even, it came with a nice blush applicator, the standard eye applicator...but it included my hands down favorite type of bristle eye applicator. Half the reason I never have liked compacts is because the eye applicators suck. Let me just tell you this one did not suck at all!:) When we went out of town for the Jazz Marathon this weekend I was able to hide my wedding rings in the bottom section of the compact for safe keeping-total plus for safe travel and keeping-especially when we go to Italy next month
Here I am post makeup application at 7am.
Leaving for work:)


Now here is what surpassed all the love I already had for these products, this pic was taken around 5 after I had worked all day and had a faculty meeting to sit through. Makeup is still on. By the end of the day I usually look like I didn't put any on. Especially the blush, it disappears immediately on me-this literally lasted all day without me reapplying a single time.

Finally the kicker-the mascara did not flake off under my eyes. Almost every brand of mascara I have ever laid hands on has flaked on me. I even used waterproof for a bit-it flaked too. 


Let's just say this $15 Mary Kay mascara changed my life! Ha, but seriously I love these products. A month ago I would have told you that I would never buy Mary Kay because of the $$$, but now after using the products I plan to buy and buy again. 


What's you favorite Mary Kay product? I'm dying to know, I want to try them all:)!


***The products in this post were provided by Mary Kay, all opinions about the products are solely those of Louisiana Bride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment