Healthy Choice Greek Yogurt Review

This past week I was sent a sample of Healthy Choice Greek Frozen Yogurt from ConAgra as part of their First Look, First Taste Panel. All opinions are mine. While I was sent the product to try I was not compensated monetarily

Let's face it, one of the most recent food trends in businesses that we have seen popping up everywhere is self serve frozen yogurt. But honestly there is only one particular chain I will lovingly go to simple because they have healthier choices. The whole point with yogurt is that it is healthier and has live cultures right? Or is that just me worried about that?


When Greek yogurt became popular years ago I was over the hill in love, high protein, thick, and way healthier than most of the popular brands of regular flavored yogurt. I've long since wondered how long it would take for the self serve places to catch on, but alas most seem to only be worried with how many toppings they can fit into that oversized bowl. 


I had already started planning on asking for a ice cream maker attachment for my stand mixer so I could make my own frozen yogurt out of Greek yogurt. 


Lucky for me Healthy Choice solved my greek yogurt/frozen yogurt dilema. That's not all...it also contains yogurt cultures (that I longed for) and is made with nonfat milk.


I was sent their Greek Frozen Yogurt in Vanilla Bean and Strawberry; it also comes in Blueberry and Raspberry  Healthy Choice makes their yogurt with real fruit and in individual serving containers that are 100 calories.



I am very happy with the product and am actually eating the strawberry flavor right now. The texture is amazingly thick and rich and embodies everything I love about regular Greek yogurt. Between the two flavors Vanilla Bean was definitely the favorite, there is just something about vanilla. 


The only thing I would change would be the protein and sugar count, I would love to see this with less sugar and a little more protein. The main reason I enjoy Greek yogurt aside from the texture is the protein, but even with that said the 100 calorie serving still contains 4 grams of protein. 


You can check out the nutrition information here


If you would like to try the product yourself, and I highly suggest you do, you can find it in the freezer section next to the other Healthy Choice products. 


What is your favorite thing about frozen yogurt?

No comments :

Post a Comment