Louisiana Bride: Influenster Voxbox Review :: Radiant with Aveeno

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Influenster Voxbox Review :: Radiant with Aveeno

Since I was 18 I've been on a search for beauty products that work. The last thing I want is to be an old woman who looks old, and considering people are so willing to botox themselves silly these days and I am terrified of needles I have had to put my attention towards good night creams.

My skin has changed a lot over the years, in high school I never broke out. In college I rarely broke out, but in my late 20's as a teacher the stress as finally caught up with me and breakouts are always an issue. I've used and tried many things, and recently someone who was having a similar issue told me her dermatologist advised her to not use such a heavy moisturizer.

Too heavy of a moisturizer?

I didn't know that was possible! I was under the opinion that the more greased up my face was the less likely I was to age, who knew I was probably clogging my pores and causing my problems.

About a week ago I was sent a jar of Aveeno Positively Radiant Intense Night Cream to review from Influenster, the name led me to believe it would be insanely thick and heavy, but no. Not at all.


Intense always made me think super thick, instead intense here obviously just means it works amazing! After a week of using it every night I can tell you I haven't had a single breakout this week, granted it's purpose is not to help with breakouts, but the ingredients in Aveeno are so wonderful on my skin and don't clog my pores at all. Every morning when I get up my skin looks dewy and has a nice glow to it, unlike other creams it isn't super thick...and compared to the most recent expensive over the counter cream I used it doesn't burn my eyeballs out! If you're interested in what product I was using just email me, it seriously felt like I was rubbing sand paper and acid on my skin. Aveeno on the other hand is soothing and smells amazing.


This may be a little random, but as part of my Voxbox I was sent not only the night cream but an eyemask, Aveeno and Influenster speak my love language. I am slightly obsessed/addicted to eye masks!

A few reasons why I love Aveeno Positively Radiant night cream so much ::

- super light and oil free (aka doesn't clog my pores)
-brightens and evens skin tone (that's the Total Soy Complex working people!)
-contains B3 >>> here is a little about what I found of the benefits of B3 online (source)
Because topical application of niacinamide can help preserve levels of NADH and NADPH, it contributes to the support of the skin’s barrier against pollutants and other irritants. As a result, many skin conditions, such as acne, the redness associated with rosacea, and other inflammatory signs can be actively managed. Also, vitamin B3 has shown to be useful for encouraging the production of natural emollients that can help the skin remain hydrated.


I started to not add this goofy video I made for #RadiantWithAveeno on Vine...but I'll suck it up and share my ridiculousness with you! If you're on Vine can follow me @LABride, I'd also love to follow you back.


All in all, it's a fabulous night cream. This right here is why I absolutely love review products, something I might not normally pick up in the store turns out to be something I will stick to for years to come. There is nothing better than being introduced to new and awesome products. Thank you so much Aveeno and Influenster for letting me try out this night cream, you definitely won over a new Aveeno customer for life! 



I received the product and eye mask mentioned from Influenster and part of their Aveeno Voxbox. All opinions are my own. I was not paid monetarily to promote this product, I just received the night cream to review. 

1 comment:

  1. Just bought the day cream of this. i ran out of my old face cream (it was probly expired anyways lol). we will see how this one works.

    ReplyDelete